HI5013 Managing Across Borders T1 2020
Analysis of a Multi-National Corporation (MNC) Case Study
|Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines|
|Unit Title||Managing Across Borders|
|Assessment Type||Group Case Study Analysis Assignment Note: Groups of 4 -5 students must be formed by week 6 and your lecturer must be informed in writing of each member’s name and student number. Once a group is formed, no changes are allowed. Students will also need to inform the lecturer of their case study. Each group must select a unique case study to research. This also needs to be communicated in writing or via email.|
|Assessment Title||Analysis of a Multi-National Corporation (MNC) Case Study (Report Format)|
|Purpose of assessment and unit learning outcomes (ULO) mapping||the||Students are required to research and analyze a case study of a multi-national corporation (MNC) of their choosing, based on their own research and interest in the weekly topics from the unit outline. To adequately complete this assessment, students must follow the sequence of steps outlined below: Identify the most important facts of the case study. Identify the key problems and issues for the MNC. Specify the main problem or the main challenge for the MNC. Brainstorm and then state the alternative courses of action to show how the MNC can deal with the main problem or the main challenge.Evaluate each course of action for the MNC in your group discussion. Discuss and recommend the best course of action for the MNC. This is strictly required to be your own original work. Plagiarism will be penalized. HI5013 T1 2020 Students are required to apply the theories and knowledge derived from the unit materials, demonstrate critical analysis and problem-solving skills, provide a considered and comprehensive evaluation of their selected case study. Students must use correct in-text citation conventions. The following Unit Learning outcomes are relevant to this assessment: Critically evaluate the impact of globalization, organizations, and their management; Utilise different perspectives to interpret and analyze the business, social and cultural problems in an international setting.|
|HI5013 T1 2020|
|Demonstrate an understanding of the social, political, economic, technological, and cultural forces that influence decision-making in international business. Synthesize research and practice regarding international business and management issues and articulate possible solutions to a range of stakeholders. Demonstrate an understanding of business practice and research in the context of globalization from a management perspective.|
|Weight||30% = comprising a Group Report 20% (week 10) and a power-point presentation 10% (weeks 6 -11)|
|Group Report Marks||20 Marks|
|Word limit||Maximum 3,000 words|
|Due Date||Week 10 – Friday 11:59 pm – for the Group Report. [Late submission penalties accrue at the rate of -5% per day]|
|Submission Guidelines||All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page. My Best assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 12-pt Arial font, and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings and page numbers. HI5013 T1 2020 Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list, all using Harvard referencing style.At the end of your report please include an appendix stating ‘who wrote which section’, i.e. provide the student name and number for each section of the report. Note: In-class presentation is required. All students must attend the presentation or marks will be deducted. Your lecturer may require the group to submit a hard copy draft report in the Week 9 class for direct consultation. Finally, ensure the group report is checked for plagiarism using Safe-assign. Note: The Safe-assign check is mandatory and is required prior to final grading in Blackboard. The originality percentage should be Low.|
HI5013 Group Assignment Specifications
This group case study analysis is an opportunity for HI5013 T1 2020 MANAGING ACROSS BORDERS students to demonstrate their understanding of unit concepts, apply their knowledge of the theories and unit material learned and develop group-based problem-solving skills and apply them to a contemporary multinational entity operating in different markets around the world.
Group Assignment Details:
The case study can be selected from those listed in the textbooks (Refer to page 4 below) as provided in the unit outline or from another source, provided that it is deemed an acceptable and credible academic source and is approved by your local campus lecturer.
The case study is to be based on a well-known multi-national corporation (MNC). Students must ensure that their case study has not been selected by another group. Analyse the selected and approved multi-national corporation’s (MNC) case study in terms of the following key topics:
- Corporate decision making
- Strategy and Globalisation footprint i.e. which markets have the MNC penetrated.
- Organisational Issues
- Human Resources Management, including training and employment relations
HI5013 T1 2020
In this report,
- Use sub-headings
- Use appropriate paragraphing
- Reference the sources used with correct in-text citation conventions/protocols.
- Provide a full list of references at the end using correct referencing conventions
- Check the safe-assign report and modify the submission if it is Medium or High risk.
- Your final submission is due Friday of Week 10 at Midnight. Late submissions will attract penalties at the rate of -5% per day.
HI5013 T1 2020
- Firstly, students should familiarise themselves with the unit content from weeks 6 -11.
- Students will need to work in co-operative groups and select a case study after careful consideration. (Refer to page 4 below)
- Students should supplement their knowledge with wide research of the MNC in the case study and consider referencing other academic sources, which will support their case study analysis.
- Finally, students will need to discuss the case study and collectively determine the key problems and issues, specify the main problem/challenge, determine alternative courses of action for the MNC, carefully evaluate each course of action and lastly, make a recommendation as to what the best course of action is for the MNC, based on your group discussion.
- Students should then prepare and complete a group report, which covers the key topics within the overall case study analysis.
- Students must follow the correct in-text citation conventions/protocols and end of report referencing conventions using the Harvard referencing style.
HI5013 T1 2020
Assignment Structure Requirements and Guidance:
- Holmes Institute Cover Page [This is essential and must be completed accurately. This is available on Blackboard]
- Executive Summary – This should be a concise summary of the main argument and the conclusions made.
- Introduction paragraph – A short paragraph that includes the background, scope, and the main points raised in the report in order of importance. There should also be a brief conclusion statement at the end of the Introduction.
- The main body of the report contains clear Topic Headings for each paragraph provided.
- Appropriate paragraphing must be used – each paragraph should include detailed information, which elaborates on the main points raised in the Introduction. This is where the in-text citation is required and reference is made to specific references and other information obtained from research.
- Page Numbers must be used – this is best practice and ensures the report is well presented and formatted.
- Reference the sources used with correct in-text citation conventions. Follow the Harvard method.
- The reference list at the end must be in the Harvard Style and be mainly academic Journal Articles.
- The report must be within the 3,000-word limit.
- Check the safe-assign report and modify the submission if it is Medium or High risk. You have up to three attempts. NOTE: Consult with your campus lecturer if you are unsure or need clarification about how to use safe-assign. The report must be submitted through safe-assign.
HI5013 T1 2020
- My Best Assignment Help
Textbook Case Studies are listed below:
- Sher-Wood Hockey Sticks: Global Sourcing
- Jollibee Foods Corporation (A): International Expansion
- Acer, Inc: Taiwan’s Rampaging Dragon
- The Globalisation of CEMEX
- The Global Branding of Stella Artois
- United Cereal: Lora Brill’s Euro brand Challenge
- GE’s Imagination Breakthroughs: The Evo Project
- ECCO A/S – Global Value Chain Management
- Lundbeck Korea: Managing an International Growth Engine
- Kent Chemical: Organising for International Growth
- Applied Research Technologies, Inc.: Global Innovation’s Challenges
- P&G Japan: The SK-II Globalisation Project
- McKinsey & Company: Managing Knowledge and Learning
- Sharp Corporation: Beyond Japan
- Eli Lilly in India: Rethinking the Joint Venture Strategy
- Levendary café: The China Challenge
- Clayton Industries: Peter Arnell. Country Manager for Italy
- Barrick Gold Corporation – Tanzania
- IKEA’s Global Sourcing Challenge: Indian Rugs and Child Labor (A)
- Genzyme’s CSR Dilemma: How to Play Its Hand.
[Source: Bartlett, C. & Beamish, P. (2014) Transnational Management: Text, Cases, and Readings in Cross- Border Management]
Visit At :- MLC710 T1 2020 SPORT AND THE LAW